Finding contentment

I continue to be amazed in the strength of the Kenyans.  They are not complainers.  They move forward each day despite the trials of living a harsh life.  Although I do not see abundant joy in those I am working with, I do see strength.  God has been working with His people to lean on Him for all their needs.  As I look inward at the struggles I have, I wonder am I able to work in His strength day by day or do I fall back on my own abilities?


As Paul would say in 2 Corinthians "I do not want you uninformed of the hardships we endure."  Exhaustion and endless work press upon us but these things cause us to rely on God and not our own strength.  "Our hope is in God and we know He is our deliverer.  As you help us with your prayers we know that in the end many will give thanks for the answered prayers."
Lefort 2 facial fractures from motorcycle accident

As we lean on Him and learn to walk at His pace we find contentment.  1Phillipians 4:12 "I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or want.  I can do everything through Him who gives me strength."  I see God wants me to find contentment in whatever He brings to me in my day.  Whether busy without time to eat and rest or a quiet more restful pace.  I find myself coming home exhausted on the busy days and striving on the quiet days.  Lord help me to find that wonderful balance where no matter what the day brings I am content with your plans.  Help me to find that restful place.
Rare nasoalveolar cyst


























   Blessings, Chase and Jimmy

Popular posts from this blog

Arrived home

First Week

Chebonei Girls High School