HOME



We have made it home and are praising God for his protection and provision.  Everyone is healthy just tired.  The trip home took 37 hours of straight travel!

We travelled from rural Kenya past the traditional huts and women walking to the river for needed water.  Donkeys carrying the water jugs and the men overseeing the fields.  Small towns preparing for the saturday market day.  We arrived in Nairobi friday afternoon to unceasing traffic in the city.  We were amazed at the absence of traffic lights.  There seemed to be one road with several intersections but no order to them.  We survived the chaos.  Customs and security checks were routine praise God.

I return with a burdened heart for the suffering patients and the full time missionaries who day in and day out treat the unceasing stream of casualties.  I unloaded my grief on the Lord today and thank Him as he is so much more able to provide and bless than I am.  It is with much saddness that I let go of Tenwek Hospital and my time of service there. A part of my heart remains there.  I pray He returns us there some day.  I pray that the Lord's presence was deposited everywhere I walked and on everyone I touched.  May He continue to be glorified and raised up.  May His healing power continue to overflow on all those who enter the surgical theater and reside in the wards.
I learned of the unselfish sacrifice the missionaries have made.  I learned how much more I need to lean on the Lord and trust in Him.  The more I lean the more I see His provision.  The places of suffering that I saw will forever drive me forward to serve the needy. 

Psalm 144  Praise be to the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle.  He is my loving God and my fortress, my stronghold and my deliverer, my shield, in whom I take refuge, who subdues peoples under me.

Thank you prayer warriors for joining in the battle.  We were truely protected.  Your were an intregal part of the mission.  The Lord is VICTORIOUS and we praise HIM!

Popular posts from this blog

Arrived home

First Week

Chebonei Girls High School