Feb 6-March 4 Tenwek Hospital trip



 


TENWEK HOSPITAL February 6- March 4

 

We are preparing to leave for Tenwek Hospital in Bomet, Kenya.  Jimmy, Aaron and I will be traveling to Kenya together.  Jimmy will have a 10 day trip to focus on water filter distribution in schools and churches.  I will have the joy of working alongside my son Aaron as he serves with the Neurosurgery team for the month.  I anticipate a busy trip overall as COVID restrictions have prevented many short-term missionaries from traveling. God has been blessing the hearing aid ministry so I plan to fit 30 hearing aids.  I will be training a general surgery resident and family practice resident on this trip. 

 

2 Corinthians 9:8-11

“And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work…You will be made rich in every way so that you can be generous on every occasion, and through us your generosity will result in thanksgiving to God.”

 

We are so grateful for your partnership as we serve those in need of medical care.  Your prayers lift us up as we travel, care for patients, and preach the gospel.  We are the feet but you are fanning the flames with your intercession. May God abundantly bless you for remembering us.

 

Specific intercession needs include prayer for health; this seems to be an area the enemy loves to attack.  We are asking for wisdom and discernment in choosing patients for the operating theater. I cannot explain the intensity of the struggle I have in this area.  The patients have diseases far beyond what we see in the US.  I am often operating beyond my comfort level and relying on God’s guidance as I work.  We ask the Lord to bring those that do not know the Lord to us so we may reap a harvest. Jimmy will need divine appointments to distribute water filters. We also pray for the long-term missionaries that we can bring encouragement and relief.

 

In Him,

Chase, Jimmy, Aaron Miller

 

https://www.purewaterforafrica.org

www.samaritanspurse.org

click give then support a physician.  

You can find me under ‘Chase’

Popular posts from this blog

Arrived home

First Week

Chebonei Girls High School