Thank you and Next trip



A note of thanks again for all the prayers and support we had over our trip to Tenwek Hospital this July.  I think I have finally recovered. 

As I reflect on all that occurred this year, I am in awe of God’s mighty hand.  He was Lord over every detail and I cannot think of one prayer request that was not answered.  The overriding theme was GOD’S LOVE EXTENDS TO THE NATIONS.  His arms are not short!!  Again and Again my heart was broken for the needy and the sick.  But His Love was so clearly present to them.  It seemed to melt away the people’s trials.

I will share one story of the many to give you a flavor of what happened in the medical arm of the ministry.     Wilson is a 6o ish year old male who presented with his two sons.  He arrived in a wheel chair and had not sought medical care yet for his illness.  His sons described a 1-year history of mass in his throat.  He had pain, weight loss and inability to swallow.

On Exam, Wilson was cachectic with muscle wasting.  He had facial paralysis, inability to open his left eye, inability to move his tongue and a large mass most likely starting in the back of the nose.  Based on his exam, the mass was now intracranial and had spread to lymph nodes in his neck.  I did not need any biopsies or x-rays to tell that this was end stage cancer.

He did not speak English but I was able to speak to his sons.  The news was not good and they cried.  As I turned to Wilson to speak of eternal things it was evident he had a faith.  We prayed and released him to Christ.  The Lord poured out His love upon Wilson and I am sure He is in the Lords presence now, eternally healed.  We cried together and he hugged me with a grip that said “thank you for coming and showing me HE LOVES ME AND HAS NOT FORGOTTEN ME.”

I will be leaving again October 16th.  I will be going to 2 new hospitals.  AIC-CURE is a children’s hospital in Kijabe, Kenya.  I will be going with a team of surgeons to perform cleft lip and palate surgery.  This will be the first of a number of trips I will take to further my experience in this type of surgery.  I will then leave for Togo in West Africa.  This is a 40 bed rural hospital in a country where medical care is very limited.  They have limited surgical facilities and have not had an ENT surgeon in over 1 year.  I will be traveling alone this time.  I am counting on your prayers to carry me safely.  Allow the Holy Spirit to guide your prayer.  I am going to need it.  I will continue to blog as much as possible.

May God richly bless you as you join me in prayer over these missions,

Chase Miller


Popular posts from this blog

Arrived home

First Week

Chebonei Girls High School