Kenduiwo Children's Home

But Jesus called the children to him and said, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these.  I tell you the truth, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it."  Luke 18:16-17

The many parentless children here in Kenya rely and begin to trust the caregivers of these homes.  The caregivers then begin to teach the children to put their trust and faith in God, He is our Father.  They are like sponges soaking everything up and I see many that truly love the Lord and are so thankful for their large family.  Each home has various needs, such as electricity, another milking cow, more beds, one home may need another latrine dug, but they ALL need clean water to drink - that is the common and most important need.

Please know that I come to these places as an extension of Trinity Communion Church and am brought to tears of the great needs.  So many things we have and take for granted and I know we have all heard this before, but it doesn't hit home until you personally witness it and many of you know what I am talking about.  I/we (TCC) bring these water filters to the people and they weep for joy and praise God for the gift that has been brought to them.  They praise God for you all back home and send blessings upon you. 


One of the Chaplains asked me how many filters I brought over and about how many people did I think would receive clean water.  I couldn't remember exactly, but I thought that I had about 40 filters or so and I guessed about 300 people would receive clean water.  He smiled at me and said, no Jim, you don't understand, that number will be tripled or maybe even more!  He said that many families will share this with their neighbors and lives will be changed because of this filter.  And he began to praise God!

May we all continue to trust in the Lord and be thankful for all that He has given us.

Blessings,
Jimmy and Chase Miller

Popular posts from this blog

Arrived home

First Week

Chebonei Girls High School