"Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth" Psalm 46:10


As we began morning rounds I was urgently called to Casualty for an airway emergency.  34 year old female with mass in the pharynx.  She presented in crisis and her condition was acutely worsening.  We brought her to the OR for intubation and tracheostomy as indicated.  It was a difficult airway which the anesthesiologist was able to stabilize.  Her lungs were full of frothy secretions indicative of pulmonary edema.  Her blood pressure was not palpable and her oxygen saturation was low.  As we worked on her we prayed, Lord have mercy.  Slowly she began to stabilize.  A look at her larynx revealed a large tumor obstructing her airway.  She will be watched overnight as I seek the Lord on her further treatment.  34 year old woman with 4 children.  Treatment will most likely be laryngectomy (removal of her voice box). We praised the Lord for this new day and how he has saved this woman's life.


Kiplangat boy of Mercy was operated on today.  God had it all arranged.  There is a visiting neurosurgeon who was available to resect the intracranial part of the encephalocele and I was available to remove the extracranial aspects and reconstruct.  The surgery was long but in the end our boy of mercy is doing well back in the neonatal nursery.

And just when I thought I had seen the largest thyroid goiters in Kenya the patient below arrived from many kilometers away.  15 year history of enlarging neck mass.


All I can do is be still and KNOW that He is God.  God is in control and I am not!  I praise Him that He has it all under His control.

Blessings,
Chase and Jimmy Miller

Popular posts from this blog

Arrived home

First Week

Chebonei Girls High School