We arrived safely

 Praise God we arrived safely to Tenwek Hospital last night!  The trip was uneventful except for customs.  We were pulled over and my medical bag was searched.  I was charged 50% tax but was able to barter with them to 25% total cost.  Considering that we have been traveling since 2011 and this is the first time i have been taxed, I am overall grateful that they did not confiscate any of the equipment or medications.

It seems not much has changed since March, our previous trip.  The land is dry, but there is the sense of coming short rains.  The guest house is full of visiting doctors with tales of interesting cases.  I will start with clinic tomorrow.  

I will be praying for wisdom in caring for patients, compassion in relating to them, and for God's healing touch.

Future blogs to come,

chase

Popular posts from this blog

Arrived home

First Week

Chebonei Girls High School