Arrived safely to Nairobi

Luke 9:23 Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross daily and follow me.  For whoever wants to save their life will lose it, but whoever loses their life for me will save it.

My travels were uneventful except for a tight connection in Dubai.  My luggage made it and by the Grace of God we were not searched at the border in Kenya.  Many of the team members did not have such an easy time.  a snow storm in Europe detained many flights.  4 team members will arrive to Migori 1 day late but all will make it thank the Lord.  We are on our 8 hour drive to Migori now.

Yesterday as I awaited a flight the Lord's presence was with me, probably because of all the saints praying for my safe travels.  There was such a strong sense that I was about to enter into SUFFERING.   A suffering of my physical body yes but a deeper suffering.  As I meditated in His presence it became clear.  I am entering into the suffering of others.  their pain, sickness, needs, desperation.  I am insufficient to carry their burdens or to meet the needs.  I don't have the knowledge or skills, but He does.  He is the answer to their pain and suffering.  Jesus enters into the suffering places.  If we want to walk with Him we will join Him in these places of suffering, poverty and need.  He will meet every need and we will be witnesses to the ends of the earth.

My prayer is that He will help me carry the burdens and He will meet the needs.  I pray that each patient receives a healing touch from the Living Presence of God.  I pray that each team member will draw closer to Him and lean on Him.

Thank you Lord in advance for all that you are going to do.  I pray that my praise of your Honor and Glory overcomes my deepest fears.

Amen
chase miller

Popular posts from this blog

Arrived home

First Week

Chebonei Girls High School