The poor inherit the Kingdom

James 2:5  Listen my dear brothers.  Has not God chosen those who are poor in the eyes of the world to be rich in faith and to inherit the Kingdom He promised to those who love Him.

It is another world here.  As I gaze down from the bridge overlooking the water fall feeding the hydroelectric plant I see the boys.  They are naked, washing their clothes in the river.  The shallow infested waters become their bathing water.  The clothes are hung on a nearby rock to dry and they frolic in the waters.  Mothers are along the shore with their water jugs to collect water.



I see extreme poverty. But I am overjoyed with the revelation that these are the ones God has called me to declare His name.  In the states I have always felt that I have a message that no wants to hear.  I can see the comforts of the US are a stumbling block even to the sick.  But here, the poor have been broken.  They are in such extreme need their hearts are ready and the harvest is ripe.  My heart is overjoyed by the blessing God has given me to be in this ripe field.  Asanti Sana ! Thank you Lord.

On Saturday I was called to room 108 to see a consult.  4 families shared this small room.  My patient had throat pain, fever and kidney infection.  I was relieved to see there was no infection needing surgical drainage.  As I prayed and ministered to the family the others congregated around me.  "Please pray for my child."  One was sick with meningitis.  Another mother had a 3 month old lifeless and dying.  Another 12 year old boy drank poison out of desperation, he was in the intensive care unit.  The parents were desperate.  The Holy Spirit ministered to each one.  It was a heavenly moment.  The families were drawn together and their eyes were lifted from their circumstances to the ultimate healer. Praise God.  I look forward to seeing them all again tomorrow.

I visited Kitoben Children's Home on Saturday also.  I am amazed at the progress they have made since my last visit in October.  We have been helping them with a school building project.  3 classrooms were completed at my last visit.  They now have started 4 additional classrooms.


The farmland is expanding despite the drought.  The children carry buckets from the water tanks to water the plants

They now are now raising chickens for eggs for the children and they have 3 goats for milk.   Alice is full of vision to bring community children into their school.  There is available land nearby for expansion.  God is blessing them and giving them hope!

Thank you for listening to their story.  Although they are considered poor in the world they are blessed by God for theirs is the Kingdom of Heaven.

Chase Miller






Popular posts from this blog

Arrived home

First Week

Chebonei Girls High School