The Lord is my strength

Isaiah 12:2  Surely God is my salvation; I will trust and not be afraid.  The Lord, the Lord, is my strength and my song; he has become my salvation.  With joy you will draw water from the wells of salvation.

My first day was a mob scene.  Patients pressing in the door and pushing to be seen.  One even fainted and was dragged in by her father.  she had been waiting all day.  she was found to have a low blood sugar and dehydration from not eating or drinking.  Advanced cancer paraded before me patient after patient.  One a 23 year old boy, unable to hold his head up because of the tumor mass and pain.  Tumor spread throughout his body.


On the second day the tides seemed to change.  We started the day again with a devotion.  the Lord was present encouraging us that He is our strength and our song, he has become our salvation.  All eyes on Him.  Receive the burdens of the people and cast them on Him.  A bit of a reprieve in the morning we saw treatable disease.  By the afternoon the cancers came again.  Far advanced.  We prayed for each one.  3 patients received the Lord as their saviour.  What joy we had for these had the ultimate healing- a life of eternity.

Today was an operative day and we have worked long hours.  I have given all I have physically.  My prayer is that He will continue to poor our His healing on His people.  That He will refresh them and restore them.  Thank you for continued prayer that He will be my strength and my joy.

Chase Miller

Popular posts from this blog

Arrived home

First Week

Chebonei Girls High School