Migori Kenya Update

Migori Kenya Update

I completed my first segment of the trip in Migori and have arrived at Tenwek.  There was virtually no internet in Migori so I have been unable to update.  We were incredibly busy in Migori but the Lord was in control of all the details.  We arrived after 3 full days of travel.  The last leg was a 10 hour drive to the remote town of Migori.  The main tribe is Luo.  They are farmers and practice polygamy and wife inheritance.  I found the people as God fearing, stoic, and thankful for all we could do.  We arrived Friday night and were received by almost 100 orphans.  I got the biggest hug from Faith, a darling 8 year old girl.  I think she thought I was an angel with my blonde hair.  


Saturday was recovery day, seeing the compound, orphanage and visiting a home in the community.  We also set up the clinic in the afternoon.  Work started Sunday and we had long, full days.  I know that God brought ordained patients for me to see. Below is one of the cases we took care of at Brace Clinic in Migori.  The clinic has 2 operating rooms with 4 beds.  We kept them full all week.

50 year old female with plunging ranula from blocked salivary gland in the oral cavity, plunging into the neck.  required an external and intramural exposure.  Fairly rare occurrence.


 I am so grateful for the Lord’s protection.  We had several complications but He was in charge and the patients are improving.  We shipped 2 patients to Tenwek so they were here when I arrived.  I know my part in the first week was to reveal the importance of prayer and to bring Him glory through it all. 

I have arrived at Tenwek and have been busy already.  Please pray for Enock, a 13 year old male with meningitis from an ear infection.  I did ear surgery on him Saturday but he is still very ill and needs our prayers.

Thank you for your continued prayers,


Chase

Popular posts from this blog

Arrived home

First Week

Chebonei Girls High School