Waiting on the Lord

"And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Son may bring glory to the father.  You may ask me for anything in my name and I will do it."  John 14:13-14

To ask in Jesus' name?  I think that means to ask as Jesus asked.  To walk as Jesus walked.  To be broken as Jesus was broken.  To be resurrected as Jesus was resurrected.  As I walk the pathways of Tenwek I often think "why me, what am I here for?"  Yet I know to not ask why.  I am trusting the Lord to complete the work He has begun.  My heart breaks for the suffering and the amount of disease here.  Only God is able to relieve them from their brokenness.  I walk physically along the paths, praying that God will be present to the people and touch them in a tangible way.  In a sense now I am waiting and trusting God to move in this place.  Surgery has been light for all the surgeons now.  there are many patients that are coming to casualty and the clinics but not necessarily with the need for surgery.  Below are a few I have seen.  Please continue to pray for God's touch here on His people.


21 year old HIV+ female with recurrent squamous cell carcinoma of the orbit.  the tumor has spread intracranially.  she is being discharged to hospice for end of life care.  she knows the Lord and we have prayed together.
34 year old female thrown from a motorcycle sustaining multiple facial fractures and lacerations.  she lost 20% of her lower lip.  she underwent mandible fixation, lower lip flap repair and repair of multiple lacerations.  she will be eating milk and porridge for the next 6 weeks.

Thank you for your continued prayers,
Chase

Popular posts from this blog

Arrived home

First Week

Chebonei Girls High School