God is able!

Friday 6/27/2013
I am reminded of the story of Gideon who was a frightened farmer found hiding wheat in a winepress to avoid the enemy.  God called him "Mighty warrior" but he could not recognize this name because he saw himself as weak and worthless.  "my clan is the weakest in Manasseh, and I am the least in my family."  But God wanted to use this man.  God called him to "go in the strength you have and save Israel out of Midian's hand.  Am I not sending you?"  God sent Gideon weak into battle and reduced his fighting men to 300.  God wanted to make sure He received the Glory, not man.  God was with Gideon and his weakness was turned to strength as it says in Hebrews 11.

We often think we have to have special talents or gifts in order to be used by God.  On the contrary, God is looking for an empty vessel to fill up with HIS might and power.  We spend our lives accomplishing and gaining skills but shouldn't we spend our time emptying ourselves before the Lord.  I found myself crying out to the Lord, what am I doing here?  there are so many others with better skills and who bring so much more to the table.  what can I possibly do here where the sickness and disease is so advanced and difficult to treat?  I come weak to the table but move forward in what God puts before me.  I pour out His love and treat those he brings to me.  God in HIS loving kindness completes the work with HIS healing power.  He takes me to places I have never been before but is faithful to give me all that I need.  He breaks curses and pours out blessings- 20 year old boy with complete cleft lip was treated.  He provides an avenue of healing to those tragically deformed.  Male who had his nose   excised by a human bite.  there are other stories of God's provision in the lives of His precious Kenyan people.  Thank you Lord for choosing me in my weakness for your glory!!

 
                                          Male assaulted and bitten, losing nasal tip

                                          20 year old who underwent complete cleft lip repair

In his loving service,
Chase Miller

Popular posts from this blog

Arrived home

First Week

Chebonei Girls High School