Tuesday, the sick have arrived


        Children outside hospital which sits on a hill

Matthew 5:14
"You are the light of the world.  A city on a hill cannot be hidden.  Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl.  Instead they put it on a stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house.  In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your father in heaven."

I feel overwhelmed by the weight of the sicknesses pressing in.  There are so many in need and their diseases are so far advanced.  They have walked so far and waited so long to be seen.  In my own humaness I am unable to handle these problems and feel so ill equipped.  There are so many patients and there is so little time with each one.  They all need surgery but which ones am I to operate on?  My weaknesses are forever before me but I remember where I am weak He is strong.  He has called us to shine our light before men and not to hide it under a bowl.  So I press on and pray that God is in control because I am not. 

God I cry out to you in desperation unable to care for all those you bring to me.  Their problems are so far advanced and I pray that you touch them in some way.  I pray  for those that are dying and those that are having surgery.  I pray for those I have had to say no I can not operate on you.  I pray that you would touch each one with your grace and mercy and heal them of their afflictions.  I pray they would come to know you in this place of suffering.  I pray no one would leave dissappointed but that each one would be touched by you in some way.  I give it all to you because it is out of my control and I pray you would do the work.  Amen. 

Popular posts from this blog

Arrived home

First Week

Chebonei Girls High School