Praise Him


Psalm 121 I lift up my eyes to the hills- where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord.  The maker of heaven and earth.

I will praise You in this storm and I will lift my hands for you are who you are no matter where I am.  Every tear I cry you hold in your hand you never left my side though my heart is torn.  I will praise you in this storm.

The sick continue to press in and the needs are overwhelming.  The suffering is tremendous.  The diseases are rare and advanced.  Beyond man's capacity to care.  But the city on the hill Tenwek Hospital receives them all.  They come from far.  They are called by HIM to be cared for at this place of light amongst the darkness.  The illnesses press in but the LORD is our help.  He sorts through the needs, the casualties, the suffering and heals.  The weariness is tremendous.  As I return home a purging occurs as I cry out in pain over what I have seen and done.  I see HIS hand and I praise Him and thank Him for the help.  It comes in many ways.  He guides my hands, he brings those in need with ENT problems, He sorts through the needs and choses those to bring to me.  His help comes in a thought, through another surgeon, through a mentor missionary.  Although I felt alone initially God has orchestrated situations to create bonds with the other surgeons.  After much crying out and warfare, the tide has turned and I have been received.  We work together to sort through the casualties.


Chep is 12 years old and she has a 2 month history of nasal bleeding and facial swelling.  Swelling is growing rapidly.  X ray was performed and she was referred from far away to ENT.  She has a disfiguring tumor originating from the nasal cavity spreading into the eye and brain.  It is inoperable.  Chemotherapy and Radiation therapy are unavailable.  She is frightened and I am the one to treat.  My heart is crushed.  I cry out to The Lord.  Her biopsy is dangerous and bloody.  The family doesn't understand the news and I can not describe my compassion and love in their language.  But this is the city on the hill that God has brought them to.  We pray and minister to them.


Pray for continued guidance in care of advanced diseases.  Pray against weariness for me and the missionary surgeons. Pray that Jimmy and I can be an encouragement to the physicians.  Pray for rest as I take 24 hours off starting tomorrow.  We urgently request your prayers as I press on knowing He who watches over me will not slumber

Popular posts from this blog

Arrived home

First Week

Chebonei Girls High School