Arrived safely

I arrived safely after a rather difficult journey.  My travels have always been very smooth in the past so I was unexpecting of any problems.  My first flight out of Rochester was delayed 3 hours from a mechanical issue.  This began the domino effect of missing multiple flights.  By the grace of God I was able to make it into Nairobi 12 hours later, Saturday morning.  Both nights were spent in the air so I arrived rather tired.  1 bag (full of surgical equipment) did not arrive but should be coming in early this week.

In one of my flights I was sitting next to a Muslim man.  We struck up a religious conversation and a theological debate began.  We argued our points and I was impressed by the scripture this man had memorised and had prepared to cause me to question my faith.  What I declared is that our christian faith is not so much about knowledge as it is about faith.  About knowing the God in whom we worship, what He has done for us on the cross and believing in faith that He is our protector, our saviour, and our guide.  We live a life of faith and do not necessarily know where He will take us next.  His last question to me was "I have seen a miracle, have you ever seen one?"  I replied of course every day I see miracles we have a living God, a miracle working God.  Praise the Lord!

Praise the Lord the doctor strike ended this week after 100 days.  The hospital is full and the workers are exhausted from the on slot of patients.  We worshipped together today thanking Him for the resolution.

The region is in a serious drought affecting 11 million people in Kenya, Ethiopia and Somalia.  We are seeing the effects here with an up kick in tribal warfare over land and water.  The hospital electricity is fuelled by a hydroelectric plant and the river is seriously low.  this is causing many power outages.


Usually the river is flowing rapidly with no visible rocks.

I have been meeting with the physicians and getting organised for starting work tomorrow.  I am unsure how this will all play out but have faith that He will show me the way and work out every detail.

Thank you for your faithful prayers,
Chase Miller

Popular posts from this blog

Arrived home

First Week

Chebonei Girls High School