Answered prayers

My time at Tenwek is winding down.  We will be leaving tomorrow afternoon.  Jimmy will be returning to the states and I will travel to Kijabe to join a cleft lip and palate team.  I will be operating one last time before I go.  I don't know how to summarize my time hear as it has been a whirl wind of  activity.  I have seen answered prayer and I am so grateful to the Lord.



The photo above is Enoch who is the young boy with meningitis secondary to an ear infection.  I found him sitting in the sun with his mother yesterday.  He is making a remarkable recovery.  I would ask for continued prayers for his hearing.  Although the infection is getting under control his hearing is very poor.  We presently have no access to hearing tests or hearing aids.  I brought an audiometer this year and this should be up and running in the next couple of weeks.

I spent the morning at the construction site for the new Eye and Dental building.  ENT has been granted some space!  We will have 1 exam room, a minor OR room and recovery room.  This will certainly be a wonderful addition.  Donated equipment including the audiometer, microscope, endoscopy tower will finally have a home!

New recovery room in ENT area

View from ENT area in new building

I am so grateful for all that the Lord is doing at Tenwek Hospital.  It is a place of healing for His people!  

Chase Miller

Popular posts from this blog

Arrived home

First Week

Chebonei Girls High School