He is in all the details!


Psalm 91
He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.  I will say of the Lord, “He is my refuge and my fortress, my God in whom I trust.”…If you make the Most High your dwelling- even the Lord, who is my refuge- then no harm will befall you, no disaster will come near your tent.  For he will command his angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways.

We are on our way.  As I packed yesterday I felt the presence of the Lord near.  I had the assurance of His protection but also the hope of things to come.  There was an abundant joy as I anticipated what the Lord will do.  He is certainly ordering our steps and preparing the way.

We have just begun our journey and have already seen the hand of the Lord working on our behalf.  Baggage check is unfortunately a stressful event.  The amount of equipment and supplies is difficult to manage.  We carefully weighed luggage at home but inevitably the scales at the airport are different.  4 of our 5 bags were 1.5-3lbs overweight.  They are not moved by our pleas about a missionary journey to Kenya.  $200 for every overweight bag.  We begin to unpack, move weight around and reweigh.  Miraculously we removed Jimmy’s coffee creamer and on reweighing all the bags were 50.0!!!  Praise the Lord.

In moving the luggage around I strained my fragile neck and was unable to carry my backpack and heavy carry on.  We arrived in Washington for a 5 hour layover but I was “paralyzed by luggage”.   Jimmy went on an expedition for a ? locker, luggage carrier, ? wheel chair to help me.  He found a small suitcase on wheels priced at $99.00.  He decided to see what the cashier could do.  When the price was scanned it was only $19.00- even the cashier was surprised!! Jimmy took it and ran.  So I am with wheels and ambulatory again. 

God is watching over every detail.  How blessed we are!!  Next leg to Zurich arriving Monday morning 8 am.  Then off to Narobi arriving 6pm Monday.

Thank you for all your prayers.  They are lifting us up.
Chase
Jimmy  

Popular posts from this blog

Arrived home

First Week

Chebonei Girls High School